Fabulous hamper includes ‘fresh from the sea’ oysters
- Rustic wooden box of 12 Sligo Bay Oysters – oysters cultivated in the Wild Atlantic waters of Ireland
- Oyster shucking knife
- Colbois Chablis 2016 75cl – Made from 100% Chardonnay grapes. Pale gold colour with emerald tinges. Very refreshing floral aromas mixed with hints of citrus fruit and minerality. Beautiful structure, crisp and fresh. Very pure fruit with long length. Fantastic with pate, lobsters and poultry as well as some goat cheeses.
- Wildwood Wild Blackberry Balsamic locally produced
- Choice of a New Year’s or Christmas card from Prannie Rhatigan with a mixed seaweed sample
For a real treat ADD Prannie Rhatigan’s ‘Irish Seaweed Christmas Kitchen’
191 pages of a delicious food fairy tale with recipes that are designed to help you to keep your food healthy and well prepared in the days before Christmas when time is short. There are clever ways of integrating seaweeds into more traditional menus for Christmas Day. Mince pies, puddings and desserts get a delicious seaweed twist, as do the vegetarian offerings. The book takes us right through the New year and on to the Women’s Christmas with quiet nostalgic reminders that food is a tradition that links us all together, no matter what time of year.
Storing your Oysters
– Oysters are packaged fresh from the sea and have a best before date of 8 days if stored in the fridge (1-4 degrees Celsius).
– Do NOT submerge your oysters in water or ice as it can destroy them. They can be served on ice before consumption.
– Throw away any oysters that smell bad or have broken shells
(Christmas props not included)